Captain Kill

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd April 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I have a problem with playing Battlefield specifically Desert Combat on my ADSL. I recently received broadband and i get really good speeds on surfing the web, downloading and playing games like Alien Vs Predator 2, Wolfenstein, Half-Life etc. However when i play Desert Combat i have really good ping and i don't get any server messages of high ping. The game jitters and gets a little choppy and for some reason disconnects my internet connection. When i play the game in single player it runs fairly fast so i don't know what the problem is. My friend who's really good with computers reckons it's either the motherboard (probably unlikely), the fact that it runs through a USB connection and can't handle high loads or i need to re-format my hard drive and a fresh install of windows. Has anyone else had this problem before? Should i switch to a ADSL router so it runs through a network cable rather than a USB port? I also run my ADSL through an extension lead, it's not connected to the main socket. I tried plugging the extension lead into the main socket but the problem remains. Should i move my computer closer to the main socket and connect it without an extension lead? My specs are : - P4 3.2 GHZ 512mb RAM 120GB Hard Drive GeForce FX 5950 Speed Touch ADSL Modem. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Cheers!