SwiftGuard

LOL SILLY NAME IS SILLY

50 XP

3rd April 2005

0 Uploads

2,344 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

OK, I was playing BF1942, on TS with my friends at BFE, and then suddenly I can't hear anything, except for this loud, annoying raygun-type sound. That's the best way I can describe the sound. I can't hear anything, except for the noise, and it cuts out when I change the sound settings, or something like that. This has also happened with BF2. I'm considering reinstalling both games, but I don't really want to mess up my profile in BF1942. Any ideas/suggestions/help appreciated.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 13 years ago

Since it happens in both games it is less likely a problem with the game itself, and more likely a problem with the sound drivers or sound system. I would uninstall and reinstall the drivers first. Have you moved the speakers recently? Maybe some kind of interference. Does the sound only happen after doing something? Or is it all the time? Hope you get it fixed :-)

SwiftGuard

LOL SILLY NAME IS SILLY

50 XP

3rd April 2005

0 Uploads

2,344 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Actually, I have just done a complete system restore, and anyways the problem was only noticable in BF1942. In BF2, it only happened in the menu. In BF1942, it would happen in menu, and after a round, and maybe just a little in-game. But it would stop when I went into sound options and changed the number of sound channels. Besides, the only drivers I could find for my AC'97 Audio Controller made my PC crash. It was like, WTF.gif And then everythign started jacking up, so I did a system rollback, to when I had just gotten it, so my PC is as good as new! (sort of) Now I have to reinstall BF2, McAfee, Teamspeak, and all the other games and programs. Oh joy. icon_rolleyes.gif