Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hi, for some reason i just cant play battlefield without getting loads of lag. I dont understand it i have good spec; Pentium m 1.73ghz Ram 512mb NVIDIA Geforce 6200 128mb and i have good internet and normally low pings( 30 -100) but i still get loads of lag. Could it be to do with me connecting wirelessly to the internet as i often get the "connection problems" warning or maybe my norton anti virus? I am using a laptop but that shouldnt make any difference rite? Plez help, im grateful 4 any suggestions

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Yes it could be your wireless, and yes it could be your AV, or even something completely unrelated, sugest you test it out by changing settings. Are you sure its internet server lag and not game lag? How does it play if you create your own game and run around by yourself?

AK

:smokin:

SwiftGuard

LOL SILLY NAME IS SILLY

50 XP

3rd April 2005

0 Uploads

2,344 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Pentuim 1.73 Ghz? 512 mb RAM? nVidia Ge- Well, I guess the Graphics Card is OK. But I suggest getting more RAM (if you can squeeze it in, what with your PC bieng a laptop and all). And are all your settings on high? What type of Sound Card do u have? (Integrated, more than likely)

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Try turning your sound settings and seeing if that helps?

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

ok thx guys il try it

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Anlushac11Try turning your sound settings and seeing if that helps?

yeah, or get a sound card BF1942 was made with a crappy sound engine and uses a lot of power for sound which causes lag for an awful lot of people i suggest getting either a sound card, or some ram.

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

[QUOTE=Sky Captain]Pentium 1.73 Ghz? 512 mb RAM? nVidia Ge- Well, I guess the Graphics Card is OK. btw wots wrong with my processor? I kno u can always do with more ram but my processor is just as powerful as a pentium 4 but uses less power=less prone to overheating.

SwiftGuard

LOL SILLY NAME IS SILLY

50 XP

3rd April 2005

0 Uploads

2,344 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
Aliblista(UK)[QUOTE=Sky Captain]Pentium 1.73 Ghz? 512 mb RAM? nVidia Ge- Well, I guess the Graphics Card is OK. btw wots wrong with my processor? I kno u can always do with more ram but my processor is just as powerful as a pentium 4 but uses less power=less prone to overheating.

I was just wondering, since you had a 1.73 Ghz. I didn't mean that you had a slow PC because of it. And it looks like someone is having trouble with tags.

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

rite ok. also im looking to get bf2 wen it comes out. Will i be able to play it(lowest settings) and what would be the best thing to upgrade to make it play better

sejanus

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

10th January 2003

0 Uploads

300 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Wireless is not the best option for gaming. Especially if other people in the house are using the connection at the same time. Also wireless is prone to packet loss and requires more packet repetition thus more latency on the line.

S