I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd May 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hi,

Recently bought the BF1942: Anthology pack. My problem is, the game is way too dark and I need a way to adjust the brightness / gamma correction but there seems to be no option for that in the video settings.

I have a Radeon 9600 256mb card, running Catalyst 4.5 drivers (newest) and DirectX9.0b.

Just as an aside, I also have Unreal2k4, and I had to adjust the brightness in that game as well, but there is a slider for it within the game. Wondering why BF1942 doesn't have a similar feature. Is there a way to modify a text file or something to increase brightness? Monitor brightness is maxed and it's still too dark...

Thanks in advance.

-Otrant

OuchThatHurts

GF makes me horny

50 XP

21st November 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

No, BF 42 has no brightness adjustment, other than the minor improvement you might get at start, ( gamespy browser-loaded with CD) uncheck lightmaps http://www.tweaktown.com

Lower right in "guides" Bf1942 tweak guide , most, if not all available tweaks are in that guide.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 15 years ago

yo man, i have the exact same problem. Im running an ATI radeon 9800 and my brightness/gamma in game is really dark although my screen brightness is at full, which gives normal picture for everything else. Ive researched everywhere and there seems to be no solution other than increasing the monitor brightness. If anybody can help, please do so.

Thanks, waFFles

Ensign Riles Advanced Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,537 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,480 Posts

1 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Well, I don't know if your monitor allows you to change contrast, but that would help a little with the darkness issue. Try turning it up more if you can.