I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th July 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hi Guys,

Been running BF1942 and mods happily without too many problems since it came out back in 2002! However, all of a sudden the other day, I noticed that sounds were going a little bit odd in BF and every mod I had installed - BTW, this problem does not occur on BF:V or any of my other games (of which I have a few lol)...

Description of Problem:

With "Hardware Acceleration" enabled in my BF profile, certain sounds start to "Disappear" after about 30 seconds of launching a map - such as, reload sounds, footsteps, and voice commands. It's getting quite annoying now!

Hardware & Software spec:

Athlon XP3000+ 1 Gig RAM (DDR 333) ABit AT-7 Max2 Mobo XFX Geforce FX 5950 Ultra (256Mb) 120 Gig Maxtor Diamond Max HDD with 8Mb cache, running at 133 Onboard AC97 sound (with latest drivers for sound and chipset) VIA 400 chipset Windows XP Pro (fully updated) DirectX 9.0b

The problem seems to go when hardware acceleration is disabled - but I do notice a framerate drop! And it's strange that it only started to happen very recently, when I never experienced this kind of thing before!

Anyone have any ideas?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Don't know what the exact probelm is but, you could try increasing the sound buffer in BF;

This file, higher numbers = more cache.

Sound.soundBufferCacheSize 200

You will find it in the file Default.con in "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings"

Have you installed any new mods lately?

AK

:smokin: