jfletcha

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd May 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hello! When I installed the patch to my BF 1942 (deluxe) the load screen and setup windows are off center and stretched. Once I start the actual game the screen is fine, BUT when the startup video is playing, and I am browsing servers I cannot see the bottle quarter of the screen. As a result I cannot enable punkbuster (I assume it is on the bottle of the screen) and so I cant play a majority of the games! Anyone seen this or have a fix for me? Thanks =) Oh, the screens prior to playing are perfect before installing the patch...

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

hmmmmmmmmmm. ive never had a problem like that before. sorry cant help you :(

lunchbox232375

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Here is Your fix, Go to your bf 1942 settings folder, then open the video.con folder, the last one. The key is most people dont tell u how to open it. Right click it, and hit open with, NOTEPAD. When u get it opened change the last setiing , the all refresh rate to 1. Or if its at 1 change it to 0. I hope it helps you.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

You started well lunchbox232375, but you got lost on the way, just to clarify a few points. The line you need to either add or change is this, it should be "1"

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

The file it is in is "videodefault.con" in this folder " (or the appropriate installation directory)

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings

As lunchbox232375 says, open it with notepad or appropriate text editor, maybe make a backup first just in case.

Good luck

AK

:smokin:

jfletcha

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd May 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Thanks so much!! Now I see the punkbuster option =)