GuineaPig

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

well, i've been having trouble with the good ol' bfield. Suddenl, 10 days ago it stopped working. Wouldn't start. So i reinstalled. Played it once, but when i got back, it didnt staart. I reinstalled it again. same result. and again. same result. anyone hve this problem besides me, or any suggestions?

DDDandrew

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

381 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Hmmm, it sounds like you may have done one of the following:

This may not be your fault, but sometimes maps duplicate themselves in the process of installing the game. It can also do it while playing, as it transfers from one map to the next. Try check the /mods/bf1942/archives/levels folder to make sure that there arent any duplications. Any duplicates will couse the game to not start. Another problem may be that your games CON files are screwy, I would run defragmentation on the CD and see if that works. Only other thing that I can think of is the fact that your game may have somehow aquired a bug or virus. Scan it for viruses and see what happens. After you have done all of that, come back here and give me your results. See ya on the battlefield!

GuineaPig

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

no, no duplication of any maps. no, no viruses. and i dont no how to run defragmentation on my CD

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Heh, you learn something everyday. I didn't know a CD would need to be defragged. I mean, you can't read and write on them at the same time like a harddrive. Plus, they are write protected (If you have a legal version, that is).

When you say it isn't starting, do you get any black screens or just nothing happens? If nothing else works and you have the space, you could always try running it off a CD emulator like Daemon Tools.

GuineaPig

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

first of all, the loading screen comes up with the tank running over the helmet and Battlefield 1942 over it, you know, and then nothing happnes and second of all i aint got the space

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#6 14 years ago

So it plays and then freezes, black screen, or crashes to your desktop?

What is your processor speed and how much RAM do you have? If you don't know go to Windows, Run, and type in dxdiag.

Arin1

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th June 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I'm having the same trouble.. The tank crushing the helmet comes up then closes.. It worked when I reinstalled though... But, it's not working anymore.. I looked in my levels folder for copies.. Would this be a copy: Battle_of_the_Bulge.rfa Battle_of_the_Bulge_000.rfa Battle_of_the_Bulge_003.rfa Or, Are all of those needed?

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Those smaller .rfas patch the level, they are needed.

Arin1

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th June 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

The Battle_of_the_Bulge_000.rfa is bigger than Battle_of_the_bulge.rfa.. A patch that's bigger than the original?