BF 1942 v1.5 update problem -1 reply

Please wait...

Blue Dunn

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th December 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I have the original game CDs. I install and all is fine up till v.1.45. I recently updated to v1.5. THis is where all hell breaks loose. The game no longer recognizes my orig CDs. I reinstalled the game three times. After each uninstall, I went through the registry and also deleted all instances of the game. I have not heard from EA on this matter. I have heard of one other person with this same problem. I am using the following: Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro2 (latest bios + drivers) OCZ Platinum Dual Channnel DDR (2x256) Athlon XP 2200 ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (latest Catalyst installed) Adaptec U160 plus Seagate 10K drive LiteOn CDRW, LiteOn DVDRW (both have latest firmware as well) Any ideas please post of email me at [email="blue_dunn@yahoo.com"]blue_dunn@yahoo.com[/email] Thanks!:uhoh:




Genocide[1]

I am the Zeus of Halo

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

this is sketchy

if all you did was install the update..i dont see why anythign would go wrong...other than an error made by you..so..whered you get the patch from?




L337

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

802 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

It Couldve Been A Virus Buddy Cuz Their Are Asses Out Their Who Do That...




Homer Gonerson

...

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

6,234 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

no clue... i never had a problem w/ the 1.5 patch... make sure it's a good site u downloaded from... also, if you reinstall again, after you uninstall open REGEDIT and press F3, then search for bf1942 in the window that comes up, then delete anything it finds




Blue Dunn

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th December 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Well, I got the v1.5 patch from FileShack.com. I have had no problems in the past and I always scan with Norton Antivirus (2004 now). I also uninstalled, patched up to v1.45, and then tried both the incremental update as well as the full update. None will work. I read the changes to this current update and it mentions that it fixed the game to read either CD1 or CD2. Is it possible that something got messed up? I don't have any other problem with all of my other games. One thing just occured to me. I have recently changed my drive letters around. Maybe this is affecting the location that the game is looking for the CD. However, I have uninstalled, ran regedit, and then reinstalled from the new drive letter. I don't know...




Blue Dunn

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th December 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

:frog: Update to my problem. I posted the same question over on BroadBandReports.com (http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,8911505~mode=flat). Apparently this has been a topic that was already discussed. It seems that you need to use a NoCD crack until v1.6 is available. Others have reported the same issue. Whew! Not just me. That was a relief. Thanks for your imput. Any other ideas be sure to post them!!!




ProxXect

.

50 XP

24th July 2003

0 Uploads

411 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I was just gonna say make an image of the CD's then run them in virtual drive's in Alcohol120% wich works basicly the same as a nocd crack. Glad u fixed ur problemo :P