bf crashes my computer and it restarts -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 15 years ago

i just reinstalled bf1942 but its not working.singleplayer is fine.multiplayer shows servers but when it goes to connect, screen goes blank and computer restarts.one strange side note is that i can connect to capture the flag games.just not conquest types.anyone have any suggestions?ty

ub3r

uber.

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

how much space do you have left on your hard drive? and what's your ram?

Master of Reality

I'm lying when I say trust me

50 XP

8th June 2004

0 Uploads

10,166 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Do you have Battlefield patched all the way to version 1.6?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 15 years ago

im running 1024 ram and have at least 60gigs hardrive space.its just the weirdest thing and i cant figure it out.bfvietnam runs fine in multiplayer.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 15 years ago

Had the same problem. Mine was caused by my Realtek AC97 Soundcard. Solved my errors like this. Disabled auto restart (right click My computer, properties) and replicated the fault. Message on the Blue Screen of Death was IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL blah blah alcxsens.sys ********** Turns out it was the drivers, dl'd from the Realtek websit. Installed. All seeing eye. Fixed server. There you go, you are up and running with your 'legitimate' copy. Post what it says on your BSOD.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 15 years ago
laughingstocki just reinstalled bf1942 but its not working.singleplayer is fine.multiplayer shows servers but when it goes to connect, screen goes blank and computer restarts.one strange side note is that i can connect to capture the flag games.just not conquest types.anyone have any suggestions?ty

I had the EXACT same problem. I fixed it by deleting the BF1942 installation folder. Don't try the uninstall method, BF was corrupt and thus couldn't be uninstalled correctly. Then run regedit...Press ctrl+f3 (to search) and search for everything with Battlefield 1942 as your search string. Delete all the entries in the registry. Restart your computer, and reinstall BF1942, and it works.