bigwangyi

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I have been getting this problem, every time I try to connect to a PB enabled server, I get kick as soon as the loading screen ends, it says I have been kick for 0 mintues for "Inadequate O/S Privileges". I have searched online and there is one fix, is to modify my system configuration to be an administrator equivalent from PunkBuster's perspective, I logged on as Administrator and added my account to the following privileges: Debug Programs Load and unload device drivers Manage auditing and security log Modify Firmware environment values Profile Single Process Take Ownership of Files or other objects

But I cannot add my account to Debug Programs, anyone know how i fix this? I just want to play some BF1942 online, but I cant get in any PB servers, what is going on here? am I the only one getting this error message?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

WHy can't you just log on as admin and change your user account settings from limited to System Admin? Or is there a problem that prevents that?

AK

:smokin:

Cyb3rwarrior

I hate hollywood.

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

251 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Try reloading BF42 or the 1.6 patch, other than that all I can say is punkbuster is gay shit and has a lot of friggin issues and they couldve picked a system that didnt have so many damn issues :(

bigwangyi

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

yeah i totally agree with you, punkbuster is gay, its just too many server has PB, they should have at the least some servers that doesnt have PB, but there are not many... hopefully i can reinstall the patch, thanks.

Cyb3rwarrior

I hate hollywood.

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

251 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Finally someone who understands the PB conspiracy :p

Daniel_2005

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

747 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

lol cyber :D

Cyb3rwarrior

I hate hollywood.

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

251 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

damn straight

Hippie_420

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Ive got the same prob, but it kicks me off a few minutes into the game, instead of right away. Its rediculous how many problems punkbuster has. If anyone knows how to fix any punkbuster problems like mine please reply. :nodding: Thanks. By the way, i think its stupid punkbuster has so many issues but i think we should be blaming the cheaters who caused the need for punkbuster in the first place. Yea, the makers of PB messed up some stuff but there shouldnt be a need for it in the first place. Damn cheaters i hate them so much, always ruining my gaming. :mad:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 13 years ago

i get kicked from server not just PB servers and it really sux

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 13 years ago

Hey guys,

I had the same problem when i first installed the game. I imagine you're running XP. All you have to do is change your account to administrator in control panel. PB does this cause it thinks someone is remotely accessing your PC and tinkering with it, or indeed perhaps playing BF 1942.