BF1942 resets my comp -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

hello all, i recently purchased the Bf1942 complete collection. My computer far exceeds the minimum requirements but it is having a problem. i havent been able to play the game for more than 21 minutes(i timed it). after about 20 minutes my computer just completely reboots itself. Ive tried reinstalling several times and i always make sure there are no extra processes running. kinda annoying, and i like the game, especially online. id like to fix it but if i cant get it goin im just gonna buy another game. just when im about to reach optimal fun it reboots, WTF? any ideas , suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 10 years ago

I think it could be a heat issue. I also think it's either your cpu or your video card overheating. I had the same problem so I installed more fans in the case and now it works great.

superbob281

De oppresso liber

50 XP

25th May 2008

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

I think brett is right. Especially if your using a laptop. Make sure you computer as room to circulate the air (usually underneath). Try propping books underneath it. If you are working on a desktop, than you probably need more fans like brett said.

L E M O N

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

21st May 2008

0 Uploads

136 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

Yes, I also agree with Brett. I had a problem like that with another game where the computer would just freeze or reset after 30 minutes of people. I am pretty sure this was an over heating problem. Try cleaning the dust off behind your computer (air ways) so that air can come through smoothly. If that doesn't help, all I can suggest is open your computer, and put a big fan next to it see if that helps. If it does, than try to install more fans like Brett did.

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

It could also be a driver issue. What video card do you have? Or what brand, and model is your computer? (ie Dell XPS 5000, etc...)

I have recently had the same problem as the others, but with a twist. The dust was caked under the Graphics Card's cooler. Even a can of air could not dislodge it all. So I had to take it apart, and dust it manually.