Black Screen prob -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

i have tried to help topics at ea and nothing seems to help. I was playing this last saturday just fine when all of a sudden my screen just locked up. I had to restart the comp and after doing so, BF1942 wouldnt work. I would just get the balck screen and crash back to desktop. I have uninstalled, did the videodefualt.con stuff and nothing seems to work. I have the most recent bios, vid driver, sound driver for my comp. I get this error after the black screen drops me to sesktop InCD: InCD.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x0041be33" referred memory at "0x00000024". The memory could not be "written". Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me *edit* running windows xp, 512mb, geforce fx 5200, p4 2.5 MonkeyKat

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Well the bad news is it doesn't look good, it appears that the crash has damaged some windows files, so of course there won't be help for this on EA's site. First uninstall Nero InCD to get that out of the way. Reinstall if you still want to use it but most ppl don't even know what it's for. :D

When you uninstalled BF did you remember to delete the BF folders from the hard disk? If you didn't then uninstall BF and delete the folders - uninstall doesn't delete any user folders and files like custom maps and mods or custom profiles, so if any of those are damaged and you are installing in the default location each time then you may just be inheriting the problem from a damaged file each time you reinstall. Try a re-install and see what happens.

If it still doesn't work then do a remove and re-install of DirectX, sound card drivers and video card drivers.

That covers all the most likely problems, if it doesn't work after all that it maybe time for a reinstall (actually a complete reinstall straight off may be the quickest and easiest option, but that's up to you).

Good luck.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

when i unistalled i followed this http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bf1942_udr.php?p_sid=%3c?%20echo%20$p_sid%20?%3e i may do the complete reinstall, see what that does for me Thanks AK

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

ok, i did a complete reinstall and got the game working but no matter what i do, it only plays in 800x600 res. my desktop is running at 1024x768 @75, then i will choose that ingame but it wont change......my comp hates me

boomshakk

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th July 2005

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

i was having the black screen problem too this worked for me:

go to your my documents folder. delete the folder 'battlefield 1942' .now start the game again. this should reset ur settings and make the game work good luck;)