can't install BF1942 ! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

hi, i am trying to install 1942 it loads partly then says " an installation support file could not be installed catastrophic failure" I am using a legit version i just bought from the shops, with cd key.the cd seems in good condition 1. there was another installation of 1942 on the pc in the past, but it was uninstalled, i have run cc cleaner and other reg cleaning programs 2. i have copied the first cd onto one HD, and tried to install from there, as i read in one place that it could be a cd drive incompatibility issue-no luck 3. this is a new PIV (asus p4c800E deluxe) with 1GB ram, win xp is up to date, graphics card (9800 pro drivers up to date) etc no no hardware issues i think.i updated the video card drivers, and the m/board bios about 2 months ago. also have others games running ok... i cleaned the reg using the info here http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bf1942_udr.php?p_sid=%3c?%20echo%20$p_sid%20?%3e larry

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Well it could be just a faulty CD. The human eye is not good enough to detect every problem that may appear on a CD. Try it on another computer, if you get the same error message take it back and get a replacement. if it works ont he other ocmputer then check for virus/spyware/adware on the computer giving the problem.

Now you didn't say as much but did you have the same problem when you tried installing from the HDD, or was it a different problem altogether?

AK

:smokin:

Edit: A quick update, I have searched and found several other ppl having the same problem with multiple different programs. One had simply neglected to restart the computer before trying the re-install. From looking around this is very likely not actually a BF problem but a windows error with the windows installer software.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

Hi, i tried to install it on my other pc, and it worked ok, and it went past the spot where it keeps stalling on my pc...... I copied the first disc to my HD, and it still came up with the same error message, at the same spot near the start of the install..... larry

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Then its probably a windows error with the install manager. Several things you can try, update with fully up to date patches and see if that fixes it. First though try and get the latest installshield update from microsoft here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5fbc5470-b259-4733-a914-a956122e08e8&displaylang=en

Note this is for WinXP, if you have earlier Windows you will need a different package.

AK

:smokin:

[77]Twisted

TV Guide King =P

50 XP

8th December 2004

0 Uploads

185 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Alright well i had that same problem. I read larry's post and went to http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bf1942_udr.php?p_sid=%3c?%20echo%20$p_sid%20?%3e i followed all those steps and then it worked smilie.gif But, madx.gif Couple seconds after i inserted the 2nd disc it came up with an error that said "Specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to acces a component that does not exist in the named media." any help?