Cannot Host DC0.7 Server -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 14 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to host a DC 0.7 server to play with my friends online. I have a 256kbit connection (128k Upstream 256k Downstream) I figure this will be OK to get 1 person playing.

People cannot connect to my server, or even scan it. It doesnt show in the All Seeing Eye, and it cannot be scanned if IP is added manually. I do not know what the Problem is. If the IP is added within Battlefield, it says "Cannot find requested server" (I cant remember the exact message but it is very similar to what Ive written)

Ive disabled Windows Firewall

Ive disabled my Anti-Virus Firewall

I do not have a router, just a USB ADSL modem.

I tried this before formatting my HDD, and it did not work. I tried it after formatting my HDD and it still does not work. Ive even tried hosting BF1942 server and it does not work. Ive asked many of my friends who host servers and they cannot figure out what the problem is.

I have the latest version of Battlefield 1942 and DC 0.7. Ive also got DC 8 Final but my friend doesnt so we play 0.7.

Any Help with this will be highly Appreciated.

BK898

People say I post too much

50 XP

5th September 2004

0 Uploads

3,147 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

*moved to problems, help, and errors section*

bobm

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

31st October 2004

0 Uploads

52 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

well there could be many problems causing this. You can get a dedicated server for $25 a month my friend and let them set it up for you .