Rythems Gunner

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hi I have recently been playing all DC maps ok until about a week ago. When i jump onto a server which is playing Midway, Guadalcanal and maybe one other, not sure the game just shuts down leaving a little error box saying bf1942, but its only visable for a matter of seconds so I cant see what is says....grrrr I seem to connect and load the game fine, but when loading has finished and you expect to spawn in i just get error beep and the game crashes away. I can play El alamein, basrahs edge, lost village and most others except the above. When i happy playing on a DC server and there is a map vote, i allway vote NO to the above, which is a gutter as i love them, but i cant play them, we load the map and its goodbye from me......gone. Please could someone help me please, ive reinstalled DC and DC final and have run the DCX8[1].1_Client_Patch.exe I also ran the DC1.7 map fix, that had no effect either. Ive read some thread here and it seems there are many problems with DC at the moment and all problems seem to be pritty recent. Is there a critical patch im missing? Im sure ive checked, so please of anyone can help i would be thankful as i'm slowly going crazy. Cheers

cjwoolf2009

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

7th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Have you tried updating your Video and Sound Card Drivers?

Rythems Gunner

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

cheers for your responce dude, I did update them a few months ago, maybe its worth checkling again. =)

Rythems Gunner

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I have updated both sound and video drivers sucessfully and i did manage to load DC midway, although after about 3 seconds of loading bf1942 crashed again :( and gave me that small error box which stays on screen for a micro second. Any way of finding out what that error message says? could it me my RAM? AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 512mb ddr RAM 320gb HDD split Geforce fx5200 256mb reaktek AC97 soundcard I have legit copy of bf1942 and have recently reinstaled everything.

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

You have tried loading Midway in BF1942 right? Other maps in other mods? Other maps in DC?

You can ignore the above writing. I posted it because I felt like it...

Anywho. The problem occurs when the game goes to load your character's mesh, textures, and movements. During the transition from Spectator, to in-game.

Ah! Have you tried hosting? What happens when you host? What happens in Single player (I assume Midway is still single player capable)? Any change?

Try running scandisk, or Noton Disk Doctor. To check your drive for errors.

Are you sure you've got enough free disk space on drive C:\ ? Try playing without the patch, I think even with punkbuster, there are people playing the previous versions. I think just plain DC_Final beta 3 is still being used. I use it.

Oh yeah, you are using punkbuster right? This could be a modded map, incompatible with yours. Or a modded DC_Final.

Rythems Gunner

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

you've given me some things to think about, thanks. I have problems ONLY when playing online, i can load midwat and guadalcanal fine in single player mode, plase note i am useing DC. I dont know expactly how to check my disck space, but ill find out. also i can play MOST maps fine with DC, its just Midway, wake and guadalcanal, are these bigger maps? is this the problem?

thx again for posting to help[ me

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I think El Alamien is the biggest. Guadal Canal is close.

I've heard that this could be a Punkbuster problem. If the box below the online games list is not enabled, you can join, but not select a point, because your about to get kicked (Punkbusted).

Rythems Gunner

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Thanks for your posts =) I have no problem playing DC maps until midway or Guadacanal gets voted then its all over. I dont even get a chance to select spawn point, i dont get that far. The load bar reaches 100% and i expect to goto the first welcome screen with server details and the press the ready button, but i hear m7y error beep and bf1942 crashes. I see a little error box saying bf1942 error, but its small on on the left of my screen and disapears as soon as i see it, i wish i knew what is said, i dont know how to check as i can find it in the event veiwer. Anyone know how to find out what that error message was all about?

Rythems Gunner

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Sorted! Uninstalled bf1942 and reinstalled it, uninstalled video driver and reinstalled. Thanks for your help those who posted =)

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago
Rythems GunnerThanks for your posts =)I dont even get a chance to select spawn point, i dont get that far.

D'oh!... I was thinking about another post... Glad you got it fixed!