Killerchippy

With Every Intention

50 XP

8th December 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hello peeps and BIG help needed. I had BF1942 installed on my cpu and had no problems running it. I had used a noCD crack to play the game as im lazy and don't like swapping round cds everytime i wanna kill something different. I DO own the game and have bought it twice (so EA be getting more than their fare share of wages off me). I can't remember why but i wanted to reinstall it with the road to rome add on installed aswell (BF1942:Deluxe Edition European). When i tried to uninstall i got a Catastrophic error. I dirty uninstalled (deleted all the files relating to BF1942 and entries in the Reg). When trying to reinstall i still got the "An installation support file could not be installed. Catastrophic failure" message and haven't been able to install it since. I've used 2 of my friends copies and still got no joy. I've seen this crop up often but every1 seems to read it but are never able to help.I don't really wanna have to format to play this game again. Much appreciated guys and gals Big Hugs