Click Multiplayer.. some servers load.. then game freezes -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I can get to into the game now.. but as i click Multiplayer.. and a couple of the servers load.. my game STILL freezes .. i would like to get online and enjoy the game.. but i keep getting hammered with problems.. if anyone can help me in fixing this please do.. thank you Cord Ova

TheUndeadGod

ŦђєŲŋđзάđĢσď

50 XP

16th July 2005

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

i have the same problem

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Are you running a Firewall? A Router?

What are your system Specs?

What other programs are running, possibly next to the clock?

When was the last time you updated Windows? Your Drivers? Patched the Game? Virus Definitions?

When was the last time you ran an Anti-Virus? Anti-Spyware? Anti-Adware?

A System Temperature Monitor? What were the highest temperatures?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

Yes running a firewall... duno about router.. all my specs are goood.. 1gig of ram.. 128mb card.. 2.66ghz.. all that.. havent updated windows lately.. never patched game? i bout it on CD .. just updated my video card driver

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

A router is another box, like a high speed modem, except it sits between your computer, and the modem. They are sometimes refered to, as Hardware Firewalls.

Since you've never patched the game, that is probably where the problem lies. You WILL need the 1.6.19 patch, with Punkbuster. It is a BIG one. Then you will also need the 1.61b incremental patch. That should get you in the game.

Might I recommend a few mods, for when you tire of the basic game? Mods are what define most shooters these days, and Battlefield has some good ones. There is the BIG Ultimate World War II mod, that has almost every other mod beat in quantity, and quality. It is called Forgotten Hope, and it is one big download. Over a Gigs worth of content.

Then there is the, now legendary Desert Combat 7, and the unnoffical version 8, DC_Final. DC_Final is a mod for Desert Combat 7, so you will need both. Yeah, There are mods, FOR mods, in this game. DC_Final even has a few great single player levels. It is a modern warfare mod, fly F-14 Tomcats, F-15 Eagles, and F-16 Fighting Falcons. Harrier Jump Jets, and Apache Gunships. Not to mention Blackhawks, and Medical Choppers, or the ground vehicles. That is just one side. Multiple Migs, and the mighty Hind gunship is available to the opposition.

How good is it? The developers of Desert Combat, were hired to make Battlefield 2! Those that didn't get hired, made DC_Final.

Like Star Wars, You can't miss Galactic Conquest 5. Do battle in Space, as well as on the ground. Imperial Walkers, Tie Fighters, X-Wings, B-Wings, E-Wings, and Republuic gunships. Its going to be a blast.

Other mods of interest. There is the Grand Prix mod, which is a Race mod, no weapons. Then there is Interstate 1982., an Interstate 76/82 inspired mod. Cool muscle cars, lots of firepower, and plenty of action. Its better than I82, I guarantee you. Next up, Battlefield Pirates. A cool game, especially when visibility is low. Watching those Pirate ships sail through the fog is cool. Canons, and Muskets add to the experience. Finally, a work in progress, Stargate Battle For Mankind. Cool mod, plenty of issues making it unplayable. I mostly play it to hear the sound effects.

You didn't mention your Anti-Virus. Which is critical to have these days. If you do have one, then I recommend installin AVG without the AVG firewall, for extra protection. AVG, Norton, Avast, NOD32, Bit-Defender, and PC-Cillian are all high quality AV programs. free.grisoft.com