Crash to desktop -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

alright, i have a fairly decent computer, amd athlon 64bit 3200+ (clocks at 2.2ghz) 2gb ram, 480gb of hdd space, and a bfg geforce 7600 gs oc on a dfi lanparty ut nf250gb. i recently tried to reinstall 1942 so i could once again play it. the installation went through without any problems, same with the patchs ofcourse. i try to load up the game and i get absolutely nothing, no splash screens no black screen or ea logo as the other lucky ppl who have startup errors with 1942. i watched the task manager and saw the process was starting, and calling its usual .tmp file but was being killed right away, less than 1 second of time. i tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, tried before patching, then after the 1.6.19 patch, and again after the 1.61b and still got the same problem over and over. i find this odd because the game ran just fine before when i had a geforce fx 5200 in this same machine with the same hdd space, same ram too. now, i have my gfx settings in bios set to run the agp 8x as a 4x for complications with this card before an rma return which solved my problems i had before but i just havent changed it back yet. could this problem be the gfx is just flat not supported some how or the agp being at 4x be a problem? please some one help me :bawl:

hellsmilitary

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd March 2007

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

u tryed removing any mods that u added? beacuse i get the same problem when i placed a defect mod into the mods folder so try that(same thing about maps)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

lol yeah, ive tried it with and without any mods i use, which is only the desert combat stuff and EOD. still i get no results, i also changed my agp speeds back to 8x as they should be and my appature to 256 incase of any issues with the onboard 512. im wondering if its just a compatability issue with the bfg geforce 7600gs oc :(

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

Hi there :rock: . I play mostly BF1942 and some Half-life 2, wich i both find amazingly wonderfull :abduct: . But this most wonderfully journey is getting into a rough ride :tank: . Though the problems I had and have :donitz: are recurring every ones in a while, being able to stay playing I upgraded memory to 1Gb :kerian: , changed power fan to SP-ATX-400W/500W/600W) and CPU on the Socket-A K7S5A mainboard fan (the cpu reached 127 celsius :AzH2: ), replaced a cd-drive :moodeath: upgraded with a DVD-CD external read/writer :gay: , and got me a 5.1 Surround Soundcard :band: while internetproviders boosted the bandwidth :Party2: lol. Okay the games got better and smoother :gears: . But last weeks problems started getting worse :mad: , pings fine, lags bad, hardly playable :tommygun: . We had a kind of multy crash round 2 april :KTA: (see topic :( how bad , in general chat, at forum BFArrows.com). And while searching for clues :google: , I stumbled in a "No-CD" patch, which should be nice since it should trouble your cd driver less :banana2: . So :uhoh: ? So :o , after running msconfig and reïnstalling the game (note: watch out for the paperlabels with the serialnumbers they put on the cd, they tend to disappear :banghead: ), I started up Battlefield and see almost exactly the same as elunatic :beaming: , only in my left upper corner there opens also for a short moment a little unreadable window :0wned: , and after a flash of black :fistpunch: , I fall back to the desktop :Censored: . Before and after I tried the patch v1.6b - cracked :clueless: . :uhm: Sure I need a more recent system but still what the hack if I get the same problems.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 11 years ago

nah courazo your pc should do just fine, i can run battlefield42 on my older pc, 1.2ghz amd athlon, 768mb ram, geforce2 mx400..... the one i am having problems on tho.. is newer.... amd athlon 64bit 3200+ (2.2ghz) geforce 7600gs, and 2gb of ram. still no fix :(

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 11 years ago

I am getting on FH,DC.7 and DCX, when I load a map, It gets about 1/4 of the way there, then crashes to the desktop with the error message 'bf1942.exe has stopped working'. Vanilla works fine. I am running amd dual core, dual core amd (2GHz) with 2 gigs of RAM, and windows vista home edition.

progress.gif