TheDarknessRock

uuuuuhhhhhh???

50 XP

9th June 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I've had Battlefield 1942 for quite a while now and just recently decided to try a mod. Naturally I chose the acclaimed Desert Combat mod - version 0.7(latest). Although the mod plays well, there is a graphical glitch that reduces the 'funability'. Basically all the vehicles and people are fine but sometimes (it happens completely rendomly) the scenery and buildings just disappear. You can still shoot them and walk into them etc, you just cant see them. This is especially annoying when you are doing low altitude flying and the scenery dissapears - I usually end up crashing into a hill that I can't see:( . If anyone has had this problem and knows how to solve it please respond. Thanks P.S. Battlefield 1942 works perfectly - it's just when I play the DC mod.

WW2dude

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

50 XP

29th July 2003

0 Uploads

3,825 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I too have strange visual glitches in DesertCombat. It would help if you posted some specs like your video card and driver version...

I have a Geforce 4 Ti 4400. I'm using the drivers off the disk though(52.16). I have tried everything. I am now going to get a new video card: Radeon 9800 pro. A lot of people have problems with DC and Nvidia cards.

TheDarknessRock

uuuuuhhhhhh???

50 XP

9th June 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Ok, I have a NVidia GeForce 2 Integrated GPU with the latest drivers off their website - as I say it works fine with every other game and the unmodded BF1942 it's just DC. If it's not a software problem I guess i'll just wait until i get a new graphics card; but surely it can be solved through software. Maybe I should E-Mail the Desert Combat team and ask them, maybe they could release a patch for NVidia Cards or something.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

There was a problem with a particular version of the Nvidia drivers that caused this problem only with DC.

WW2dude I suggest downloading the 56.72 Forceware Drivers from Nvidia's site since the 52 version drivers were the ones causing the problems.

Exactly which drivers did you download TheDarknessRock, did you get the Forceware 56.72? The Integrated GeForce 2 chipsets are really to low end for DC, you MAY get better results by turning the options down in your vid card settings.

AK

:smokin:

WW2dude

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

50 XP

29th July 2003

0 Uploads

3,825 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I tried just about every driver there is... Except beta ones.

Its a long story, i'm prepared to tell though.

It all started when i ran BFV for the first time. It told me it was not compatable with my drivers. I hadn't updated them for some time, but i chose to ignore it. I played with my bro over our LAN, and thats when i found out that it really wasn't compatable. Giant triangles were coming out of the vietnamese base. I couldn't see anything. I then updated to the latest versions. BFV was going fine.

Crap, i forgot what happened excactly, but it came down to hopping from driver to driver version trying to get it to work. It never did. Now DC and BFV are unplayable.