Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

About a year ago I downloaded the Battlefield 1942 secret weapons demo. Just recently I downloaded it, then installed it, then I tried to play the game but an error pops up every time. I have tried downloading it from different sites but that does not seem to be the problem. My system clears all of the requirements with flying colors so I don't know what the problem is.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Really. No system specs, not even going to bother telling us what the error message is? If you want help you must supply these things at a very minimum.

Just saying "it doesn't work, help me!" is pointless. Supply your system details and the error message (preferably a screen cap) and we will see what we can do, otherwise forget it.

AK

:smokin:

Never mind I have done my own research and you certainly do NOT meet all the system requirements!

Speer;4164246Ya I kinda realized that this was the "Supcom problems errors and help place" not General discussion. I am running an Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 31004. My PC was a Vostro 200 slimtower. The link is here if you would like to see it for yourself. Thanks I appreciate any help.

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. junk and not supported. From the Intel wesbite;

Currently, only the Intel® G35, G965 & GM965 Express Chipsets support hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L).

All other Intel® graphics products do not have hardware support for T&L. In most games, transform and lighting calculations can be performed on the processor with acceptable performance. A small number of games that specifically check for hardware T&L support may fail to run.

My system clears all of the requirements with flying colors

And since hardare T&L is a required feature of most modern games, including every one of the BF series your hardware certainly doesn't meet the system requirements with flying colors, you are out of luck. If you wanted to play games you should have purchased a computer with a decent video card. Your only option is to upgrade or purchase another computer.

Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

That isn't the computer I was talking about. I haven't tried it on that one yet , but thank you for telling me in advance. I have a latitude d520 and a T3104 Emachine, . The demo works on a T3104 Emachine so I was assuming that it would work on the latitude D520. The link is here if you would like to see the specs. Latitude D520 Product Details I was in a hurry yesterday so I wrote that message fairly quickly. I apoligize for not including specs. Any Help is appreciated. Thanks!

Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

I was not talking about the vostro 200,I was talking about my XPS one. but I got it working on the Vostro 200 after my uncle pulled a few strings. Thanks for you help!