[77]Twisted

TV Guide King =P

50 XP

8th December 2004

0 Uploads

185 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I used to have that problem where it said "Catastrophic Failure" or w/e. i went to http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bf1942_udr.php?p_sid=%3c?%20echo%20$p_sid%20?%3e and did all the steps and then the first CD worked fine, but madx.gif Couple seconds after i inserted the 2nd disc it came up with an error that said "Specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to acces a component that does not exist in the named media." My Disc 2 has a couple scratches on it. I think that might be the problem. if you think it is can you tell me how i can fix that? any help?

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago
'[77Twisted']My Disc 2 has a couple scratches on it. I think that might be the problem. if you think it is can you tell me how i can fix that? any help?

You could try using a disk resurfacer like the Disk Doctor to repair the damaged disc. It's saved quite a few of my playstation games, audio CDs and DVDs. Well worth the money ($30 usd), but you could get a new copy of BF1942 for about the same price as the repair kit.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Sometimes just a good old wipe and polish with a clean cotton cloth will do the trick. Scratches are one reason why I don't like this form of copy protection, having to put the disk in every time I play the game is just asking for the inevitable scratch. Maybe if you emailed EA nicely and still have proof of purchase they may let you exchange the disk for a smaller fee.

AK

:smokin:

[77]Twisted

TV Guide King =P

50 XP

8th December 2004

0 Uploads

185 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Heh thanks guys. Well im saving for a new comp because BF2 is too ownage for my crappy comp :P so i will just wait a month till i get my new comp and BF2 comes out