Error When Connecting To A Multi Game! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

When I connect to any multiplayer game in BF1942 with any mod, it connects, loads the map, and once the map is loaded it gives me an error message apologizing for the problem. I am running the game with the latest patch (1.61b I think). What is wrong? My internet connection speed it 4M down/360K up. I have set my connection speed for every possible one in the game. My router is fine (been set for the game) and my firewall has been disconnected on my computer before loading the game. My computer is running a AMD 3200+ XP Athlon 512 K cashe, Radeon 9800SE 128Mb, 1 gig of corsair RAM, and I guess that is all I sould list besides winXP OS. Can anyone help me out? I have been dying to play this game since I got Highspeed!

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

It sounds like you're up to date with a good enough pc. Is "punkbuster" installed and turned on? Most servers require it to join them. It can be installed with the latest patch and you can turn it on in the BF1942 server browser menu.

If that doesn't do it, you might try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game from scratch. Also make sure if you trying to play mods, that those are running the latest version as well.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

I have reinstalled the game various times, but that didn't fix the problem. Yes, punkbuster is running and checked in the multi game screen. The mods are up to date, I checked.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

when I attemped to play online with dial-up, it worked, but not very well. What else could be the problem?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

Wait, BF Pirates wasn't up to date, downloading now. I was testing it on Pirates. That should fix pirates, but FH has the same problem.