bluebloodsm07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th May 2007

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Okay, this happens for every game i have when i try to add any mod,skin,sound pack, or other downloaded files from WinZip to my destination: "C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - Double Helix\base\mp" (Example)

I get:

"Error: Access is Denied. Cannot create m84_war.pk3" (Example File) Extracting to "C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - Double Helix\base\mp\" Use Path: yes Overlay Files: yes Error: Access is denied. Cannot create C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - Double Helix\base\mp\m84_war.pk3

Like i said, this goes for ALL my files for ANY game...somebody who knows how to help me PLEASE give me assistance!!!

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

bluebloodsm07;3697099Okay, this happens for every game i have when i try to add any mod,skin,sound pack, or other downloaded files from WinZip to my destination: "C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - Double Helix\base\mp" (Example)

I get:

"Error: Access is Denied. Cannot create m84_war.pk3" (Example File) Extracting to "C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - Double Helix\base\mp\" Use Path: yes Overlay Files: yes Error: Access is denied. Cannot create C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - Double Helix\base\mp\m84_war.pk3

Like i said, this goes for ALL my files for ANY game...somebody who knows how to help me PLEASE give me assistance!!!

This is a general computer question not a BF1942 question, but anyway, what version of windows are you using? XP or Vista. Are you administrator or limited user. This is a security permissions issue from the sounds of it, can you access the folders you are trying to insert your files in through normal windows explorer?

AK

:smokin:

bluebloodsm07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th May 2007

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Yeah i kno its general, but im pretty sure u guys can help me out. Im runnin Vista, as the Administrator

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago
bluebloodsm07;3698508Yeah i kno its general, but im pretty sure u guys can help me out. Im runnin Vista, as the Administrator

Can you access the game folders where you are trying to move the files then?

AK

:smokin:

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago
bluebloodsm07;3698508Yeah i kno its general, but im pretty sure u guys can help me out. Im runnin Vista, as the Administrator

Running Vista as the administrator means absolutely nothing, it's a only a limited admin account with restricted privelages, you need to run winzip as a full admin with elevated privelages, which means either setting it to "run as administrator" in the shortcut properties or turning UAC back on so that the OS can elevate you automatically.

AK

:cool: