Extremely slow mission loading times -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Hey everyone,

I just purchased the game and the game plays fine, with no lags or problems. My issue is with the mission load times. It takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes to just load the mission. But, once it's loaded, it plays fine (so I dont think it's a hardware problem).

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what to look for to fix to speed up the loading times?

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Umm, turn your computer to face north-south that way the magnetic lines of force from the earths magnetic field will line up with the magnetic domains on your hard drive and speed up loading time by 100.

Until we know what your system specs are that's about the best we can offer.

AK

:smokin:

SciComHam

Now with more red

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

935 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Sounds like a slow hard drive, although without the system specs it is impossible to know.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago

I lined my computer up like you said, but it didnt help!

only kidding.

I'm running the game on two computers. One of them is a Laptop (Dell Inspiron 2200 64mb graphics, laptop drive (slow?) and 512mb memory). The other one is a Desktop (Dell Dimension, 40GB 7200 RPM, 256mb memory, 64mb graphics).

I get a slightly better response from the desktop (10-12 minute load) over the laptop (10-20 minute load).

What other information would be important?

Thanks guys.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

djaaronpI lined my computer up like you said, but it didnt help!

only kidding.

I'm running the game on two computers. One of them is a Laptop (Dell Inspiron 2200 64mb graphics, laptop drive (slow?) and 512mb memory). The other one is a Desktop (Dell Dimension, 40GB 7200 RPM, 256mb memory, 64mb graphics).

I get a slightly better response from the desktop (10-12 minute load) over the laptop (10-20 minute load).

What other information would be important?

Thanks guys.

The laptop will ALWAYS be slow, more memory MAY help but unlikely, old laptop onboard grahics is just to damn slow for BF1942.

Sounds like the desktop also has onboard graphics? or maybe just an old vid card, however you will probably cut your loading time in half by doubling the memory, there's a BIG jump in loading times from 256 to 512. Knowing whether it is onbopard or a seperate vidcard for the desktop would help here, that way we could recommend an upgrade if possible.

AK

:smokin:

SciComHam

Now with more red

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

935 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

I would say that both your system specs are terrible, and it's a wonder that they will even run BF2 to begin with. Upgrade your desktop, because it's pointless gaming with a laptop anyway IMO. Get 1GB of RAM, and a much better graphics card, I recommend the ATi Radeon X300. It's not super-duper awesome, but it runs BF2 fine on low.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

I agree, the specs are nothing special, but, theyre all I've got to work with. Lets remember that I'm working with BF1942, NOT BF2.

The desktop has a NVidia GeForce4 MX 440 64mB, not integrated graphics and load time is still very slow. The laptop, yes its integrated graphics. Would the load time be based on graphics card/processor though?

Like I said before, the game plays flawlessly ONCE the mission loads. I've played several missions, and have no complaints on lag or FPS. The only problem I am having is mission load times.

I'm really hoping not to have to upgrade the video card just yet as I am in the process of saving money to build an entirely new system (which gets AWAY from Rambus memory). I would rather just wait and upgrade the to a new system then bother with having to install and uninstall a new video card.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 12 years ago

bump

KWernicke

True as an egg.

50 XP

4th February 2006

0 Uploads

125 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

My friend got that problem too when he installed BF42. He tried to... defragmentate (I hope it is the right word) his drive and the problem was solved. Check it out, maybe it works.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 12 years ago

Trust me, I've defragge'd a bunch to make sure that everything is ok. That's not the problem.

Thanks for your input though.