Files for DC? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

I'm trying to find files or patches or something so that I can play the Desert Combat Campaigns, but I have no idea where to look or where to start can someone please help?

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Huh?

Are you talking about updating to the latest BF1942 patch, to play Desert Combat?

Are you talking about playing the Campaign with the DC skins, and vehicles?

Or are you talking about playing the DC maps in the campaign mode?

If it is the last one, then the closest you will get, is DC Final, or BF2. DC Final has added BOT support for a couple of DC maps, and improved upon the basic DC7 gameplay. It was developed by the remaining half of the Desert Combat developers, and is almost DC8.

The problem with playing the DC maps in campaign mode, is that the new maps do not have BOT support. It is a difficult, and extensive process to get a map ready for BOT support. Otherwise, the bots will be running into walls, and will not be able to find the flags... Besides that, BOTs cannot fly helos.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

I believe the one I'm looking for is the first one, just so I can play on-line?

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

I kind of assumed that you would have those. They are available on this site. Specifically, the BF1942files.com section on bf2142files.com.

First you need the 1.6.19 Patch, which is a big patch.

Battlefield 1942: Full Client Patch, Battlefield 2142 Downloads, Battlefield 2142 Patches

Then the small 1.61b patch. If you have updated to 1.61b, make sure you updated to the "Client" version, and not the "Server" version.

The client version is here. Official BF1942 Client Patch 1.6 to 1.61b, Battlefield 2142 Downloads, Battlefield 2142 Patches

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 11 years ago

Thanx a bunch, I really appreciate the assist.