Game Wont Even Start -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Ok I Bought the BF42 WWII Anthology Set, and i installed BF42. Then I Went To Run the Game and it sits there and loads, the screen goes black like its goin in the game.Then It Gives me that "Error" Sound on my Comp. and goes to my desktop. I Havent Downloaded any Patches Or Updates Or anything this is just stright from the CD. Does Anyone know how i can fix this ? Plz Reply If U want My dxdiag Info or anthing

Thank You For Your Time. smilie.gif

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Please post some system specs like:

What videocard do you have? Are the drivers updated? How much ram? Operating system? (XP, 2000, 98)

BF1942 is a big resource hog, requiring some decent hardware to run it.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

According to EA's Easy Find. I just got w/e looked important lol CPU - 901 Mhz GenuineIntel Pentium III Total Memory- 126 MB DirectX Version - 9 Video Card - Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller video Driver - 6.13.01.2872 Its all Onboard Stock , 5 Yr old parts. I Run Counter-Strike Pretty Well with my Tweaks... I just Reformatted About a week ago and hardly anything has been added to the computer. Its 5 yrs Old. But I keep It VERY Clean. I Defrag and Do Disk Clean up every week and i run Microsoft Antispyware 2x a day as well as other prgrams. spysweeper and windows washer from webroot.

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I hate to say it, but from that list, I doubt your system can run BF.

Two glaring problems are:

Video Card. (or lack of one, to be more specific) Onboard video cards don't work with BF, as far as I know. You'll need a new vid card if your system can support one. (motherboard needs an AGP slot for it). Even a cheap card will do it. I used to run BF a few years ago with a basic 32mb GeForce 2.

RAM - depending on your operating system, you have a RAM shortage. If you have WinXP, all your RAM is already being used (it needs 128mb to run). If you have an older version of windows, you'll still want to have a bare minimum of 256mb to run BF.

But, Battlefield is a game well worth upgrading your system for, or even getting a new one. I just got mine ready for Battlefield 2, which releases in a few weeks. :)

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
ShaDyAfterMath CPU - 901 Mhz GenuineIntel Pentium III Total Memory- 126 MB DirectX Version - 9

Oblivious is quite correct.

The actual min vid requirements are;

32 MB video card which supports Transform & Lighting and with DirectX 8.1 compatible driver

You have [COLOR=RED]2[/COLOR] Megabytes,and a video chipset that doesn't support T&L.

Now counterstrike is an OLD game based on the original Half Life engine that came out in 1998, that's now nearly 7 years old. Half Life didn't even require a 3D vid card, it could originally run the 3D in software mode, although it wasn't very good even back then!

Also BF min ram requirements is 128, but us experienced ppl just look at that and laugh - I regard 512 Mb as a workable minimum. 256 Mb works but expect 3-5 minutes loading time per level depending on the other system specs, anything less that 256 and loading times start to stretch into the double digit minutes.

Upgrading such an old computer to run BF2 is possible, but prices will start to reach the cost of a new computer by the time you have located and paid for all the necessary upgrades. For BF1942 more memory can be had, probably PC133or PC100 SDRAM, and a PCI vid card can be used to replace the onboard if you don't have a AGP slot, but obsolete parts like that attract premium prices, better to save your money and get a new PC that will run BF2.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 13 years ago

Well i Stick to Counter-Strike for Now , since CS u can tweak... ill be getting a new comp within a couple months.. cuz this thing is 5 yrs old its time for a new one.. ok thnx for replying guyz, when i get my new comp ill be sure to remain with the community smilie.gif

[77]Twisted

TV Guide King =P

50 XP

8th December 2004

0 Uploads

185 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

I Suggest reading the System requirements before getting a game :D Or just getting the best computer u can buy. Then u dont need to worry :naughty: