Games doesn't load for single player -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Running a SOYO K7VME mobo, Athlon XP 2700+, 1 gig RAM, 64 bit video card and BF 1942 will not load the game. Video (nVidia) card has latest drivers... v81.95 installed.

Purchased BF 1942 sometime ago and have tried to install it in both W2K Pro and WinXP Pro with the same results... it won't play! :(

I'm not much of a game player, but I do want to get what I pay for and that isn't happening. :( :( :(

I've not added any patches as yet because I'm not certain (or clear about) which, if any, are necessary to play the game on my PC. Based on the requirements suggested, I exceed them, but yet the game won't start. The video crashes to the toolbar. I click on the button and it starts to load, but then crashes after a couple of seconds..... :( :( :( :(

Suggestions????

SciComHam

Now with more red

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

935 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Try patching to 1.61b. You'll need the 1.6 full patch, and the 1.6-to-1.61b patch.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago
64 bit video card

This tells us nothing, the TNT2 was a 64 bit vid card, and that won't run BF1942. I am assumng you are not using the onboard graphics if you are using the Nvidia drivers, but we need to know the chipset of the vid card.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago

Thanks SciComHam! :) :) :)

I kinda wondered about that patch and the sequence. As to whether or not I had to do both of them. Guess both, huh? ;)

Geez, I'm awfully sorry I wasn't exactly clear about the nomanclature of the video card, AK! But then I'm not altogether sure about exactly what information is "required"! That's supposed to be an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 64 MB with AGP 8X card to be precise!

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Suggest rolling back drivers, the GF4 MX series has a lot of trouble with the latest drivers, and there's not really a lot of point using them because the enhancements are all for the later model cards.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 12 years ago

Yup, I thought of that and tried it! Didn't solve the problem.

I've had nothing but problems with this game on two (2) PC's (I built them, btw!) with different motherboards and video cards (both onboard and installed slot cards).

So, from where I stand, atm, this game is a loser.

Maybe its a game for "off-the-shelf" type computers that aren't easily or readily upgradable. (Which I won't ever again own!) I don't know!

I'll be reinstalling the game with the patch's that were suggested by SciComHam above. (When time permits anyway.) Maybe that'll clear the problem's I've encountered. If not, I'll trash it! I've wasted enough time trying to get it working.