Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

My Bf1942 crashed about a month ago and I couldn't find my CD key. Eventually I found it and I reinstalled the game, but now when I go to start up it has the splash screen (the title and the Tiger running over the tin hat) then nothing happens - it stays on the desktop. I ran it in debug mode and it said: Module: IoFile File: Engine\IoFile\FlatArchive.cpp Line: 803 TBM:fel! I go Retry, Module: IoFile File: Engine\IoFile\FlatArchive.cpp Line: 804 TBM: extractFilePath(fileIter->first.c_str()) sound/11khz Retry again, Module: IoFile File: Engine\IoFile\FlatArchive.cpp Line: 805 TBM: m_archivePath Bf1942/Levels/sound I've tried reinstalling the game over and over again but no luck. Anyone get this and managed to fix it? I'll keep experimenting and see if I can fix it myself, but if anyone can give me a clue PLEASE HELP!

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Did you uninstall the game and delete the game folders before re-installing?

AK

:smokin:

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I saw 'last post - apocalypse_kid' and I thought 'Uh oh'. Ah, I found it, a sound.rfa managed to make its way to the Levels folder, and all I can say is.... Wha..? Anyway, it's fixed now.