The image collector

50 XP

19th December 2002

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok so my game is running fine, except all the water I see is now green

Now I dont know what to do. Can anyone give me some advice. I installed all the lastest patches etc, but i see green water and it kinda is abit irritating.

My specs here are:

900Mhz AMD CPU 256MB RAM 64MB GeForce 440MX 80GB HD Windows XP Pro (Note: I'm gettin a new PC soon, basicly now :))

ree3162003

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th June 2003

0 Uploads

136 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

That graphics card is a bit old so it might be due to that. Have you updated your graphics card drivers.

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

i used to have a geforce2 and apart from it lagging too much, the water didnt have problems like that, it didnt look as good as it did now but no problems...

soldier805

if in doubt give a clout

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

i had the same probs its the new nvidia drivers try some of the older ones heres a link to nvidia older drivers http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html hope this helps i think it will

GreatGrizzly

Fear the Bear

50 XP

23rd February 2005

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

its your vid card, any thing that is named nvidia is complete crap, i have an mx 440 and its the worst thing i ever bought.

Big_Daddy

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

698 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Well, that was a well informed and completely unbiased opinion. Your vid card is crap because it's old. Nvidia makes perfectly fine video cards. Choosing between Ati and Nvidia is like choosing between Chevy, Ford, and Dodge.

Btoneone

I have posting... issues....

50 XP

25th December 2004

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Ah, I see you have the same problem as me. I have a 64mb geForce 2, the MX440, and the same problem. I do believe it might have come around with the new video drivers... It used to go away when I'd click "ready" after it was done loading; now it stays that way ever since I started overclocking... I'd recommend trying the older drivers, or just simply saying "heck, it's fun to look at anywho" :D

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
GreatGrizzlyits your vid card, any thing that is named nvidia is complete crap, i have an mx 440 and its the worst thing i ever bought.

Hmm, your opinion is not required since this is a help forum and it is not at all helpful. I have seen GF2's and GF4MX's all running fine.

It's definately a driver problem Supa Sniper, try rolling back to the 56.72 drivers, they were good for the GF4MX series. New features in the new (6000 series) vidcards have required a driver rewrite that is causing problems with older vidcards, but you don't have to use the latest drivers if you have an old vid card.

AK

:smokin:

Supa Sniper

The image collector

50 XP

19th December 2002

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Hey thanks guys, I never had Green Water before untill now. So i'll try a driver update and see if it works.