Help! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Please help! I have seen this before but I can't remember how I solved it before. I am fresh off of a full blown reload. Fresh partitions, fresh format, fresh XP, fresh drivers and fully overclocked. All of my games PLAY fine but BF1942 takes FFOORREEVVEERR to get thru the movie and finally get to the game. Then it plays fine. What on GODS green earth causes this?!?roll%20eyes%20%28sarcastic%29.gifroll%20eyes%20%28sarcastic%29.gif By the way its a bada$$ system and I reloaded because my hard drive fried. I have reinstalled BF1942 4 times now and still the same crap. I just don't get it. I remember this happened to me on BFV once but I can't remember what I did to solve it. I'm losing it!!!bawl.gifbawl.gifbawl.gifmadx.gifmadx.gif

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

I believe it is to do with the sound settings, try playing with the quality settings and see what happens. As a last resort you coul dincrfease the soundcache size by editing the .con files.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

Thanks but I've never had to get that deep. I have a bada$$ PC including the soundcard and I have seen this before with BFV. I just wish my short term memory was not so shot!confusedx.gif :uhm: I will eventually figure it out but if someone knows exactly what I'm talkin about it would be most appreciated. Its the "eagames" sound and the intro artwork all the way thru the movie that just crawls!!!!!!!! I mean slow man!!!!!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

eekx.gifeekx.gifI can't believe I just wasted 4 hours trying to figure out what in the hell was going on. XP did such a good job loading generic drivers for my hardware that I had no splats in device manager so I thought everything was fine. I just loaded the stinking Nvidia chipset drivers for my ABIT NF7-S and all is perfect again!!! What a nightmare!! It's been so long since I've reloaded my own shit that I just plain old overlooked it. bawl.gifbawl.gifSometimes I hate these stinking computaters. Thanks all for takin the time to read and respond.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Yeah sometimes it's the obvious things you overlook. I install Windows so often myself that not installing the manufacturers drivers is just unthinkable, but ppl who don't do it so often somethimes dont even realise how important they are.

AK

:smokin: