claypidgon

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

13th November 2000

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I'm brand new here and need some help.I purchsed BattleField 1942 the compleate collection.It has BattleField 1942,the road to Rome,Secret Weapons and Vietnam.I also purchased Battlefield2,a 3 disk game that I belive is modern warfare.I installed this,I cant find it nor get it to start..Does anyone know what is wrong???......:confused:

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Start->all programs->ea games->bf2 or bf1942 etc.

What do you see at that location?

AK

:smokin:

claypidgon

50 XP

13th November 2000

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago
apocalypse_kidStart->all programs->ea games->bf2 or bf1942 etc. What do you see at that location? AK :smokin:

I see Battlefield 1942,Battlefield 1942 the road to Rome and Battlefield1942 Secret Weapons..I have installed Battlefield2 twice and it does not show up anyplace....:confused:

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
claypidgonI see Battlefield 1942,Battlefield 1942 the road to Rome and Battlefield1942 Secret Weapons..I have installed Battlefield2 twice and it does not show up anyplace....:confused:

Hmm, then you do have a problem, it may be an installer error, do yo get any error messages during install, do you have enough HDD space to install the game?

AK

claypidgon

50 XP

13th November 2000

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
apocalypse_kidHmm, then you do have a problem, it may be an installer error, do yo get any error messages during install, do you have enough HDD space to install the game? AK :smokin:

No sir I get no error messages at all,it seems to be installing like it should.I have run all three disks twice and nothing..Did a search for BF2.EXE after the install and search comes up empty...I have enough space to install the game 10 times.....

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Strange, while I have seen a few probelms occur after install I haven't seen anything like this. Does it create the game folders? ("c/:program files/ea games/battlefield 2" and "C:/documents and settings/user name/my documents/battlefield 2")

If it does maybe it's only the start manu items it's not creating.If the game folders are there try starting battlefield 2 from its start icon in the "program files/ea games/battlefield 2" folders

AK

claypidgon

50 XP

13th November 2000

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago
apocalypse_kidStrange, while I have seen a few probelms occur after install I haven't seen anything like this. Does it create the game folders? ("c/:program files/ea games/battlefield 2" and "C:/documents and settings/user name/my documents/battlefield 2") If it does maybe it's only the start manu items it's not creating.If the game folders are there try starting battlefield 2 from its start icon in the "program files/ea games/battlefield 2" folders AK :smokin:

Thanks for your time and answer sir..I got it to work on the 4th try...:) Now just trying to figure out how to play it,and if it needs patching etc...:uhm: