Loke1496

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th July 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

first off, here are my system specs pentium4 2.8ghz processor 256mb RAM on board sound ati radeon 9200 128mb vid card ok, my main problem is lag. ive tried so many different things to get rid of it, but none have worked. i tried messing with sound, all hardware @ full acceleration, it helped a little but not that much. my question here is, what are the best settings that my computer can handle? also, could it be the RAM causing the problem? do i need more maybe? thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

extantrifler

FPS is my Life

50 XP

1st May 2004

0 Uploads

291 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I have a laggy pc also and I think I am beginning to realize that my system is overheating. My computer tends to be noisy and the CPU goes straight to 100% whenever I do something that could be remotely laggy. I'm not absolutely sure is a heat issue, though.

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Yes get more ram. Ram is good ram is great rah rah rah!

Loke1496first off, here are my system specs pentium4 2.8ghz processor 256mb RAM on board sound ati radeon 9200 128mb vid card ok, my main problem is lag. ive tried so many different things to get rid of it, but none have worked. i tried messing with sound, all hardware @ full acceleration, it helped a little but not that much. my question here is, what are the best settings that my computer can handle? also, could it be the RAM causing the problem? do i need more maybe? thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

In electronics HEAT is a big issue. The hotter components get the S&^$er they run. Example. people like to overclock thier PC's ( me included ) CPU gets hotter doesnt run as good game is choppy. If you have your computer on a second or third story of a house, set it up in the basement ( providing you live in NorthAmerica were even the cold places are HOT as hell right now ).

extantriflerI have a laggy pc also and I think I am beginning to realize that my system is overheating. My computer tends to be noisy and the CPU goes straight to 100% whenever I do something that could be remotely laggy. I'm not absolutely sure is a heat issue, though.