McKena

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok I know what folders to put my stuff in but can you put the whole folder that you have to unzip in the right sims folder or do you hve to take out all the files from the downloaded folder and put them in the correct folder?

Let me give you an example.

I download an object and save it to my folder I made named 'Sims Stuff' I extract the folder then select the folder and move it to Sims/Gamedata/Objects

Am i supposed to take out all the stuff in the folder and put it in Sims/Gamedata/Objects? Like I downloaded a blood fountain from TSR and the file I have in the downloaded folder is bloodfountain118340 am I supposed to take bloodfountain118340 out of it's folder and put it in Sims/Gamedata/Objects?

Zero

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

19th September 2002

0 Uploads

56 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

altho i never played sims b4 i believe it is like jeid outcast that u take the files out of the folders then put it in

loopylou

close to nervous breakdown

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

i believe u do need to take thing outta there folder if u open the founten or any other folder then right click and copy and place it in the game data/objects folder it should work

*bRoDy*

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th December 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

First of all, when you put a skin in the 'skins' file (which is under GameData) they will not work if you are putting files within a file in it they all have to be separate single files. But for objects it doesnt matter you can put all your object files in a folder and put that folder in the object file, or do it as separate files it dosent matter.

xgamerx

Willy Wonka ate my chocolate

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

seperate files are better