uncleargyle

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th June 2004

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

im a pc gaming newb well kinda ive been playing games since 84 but very casually. So my question is how many fps should i get with bf1942? now im between 25-60 fps mostly in the 40-50 range. my system consists of a 1.7ghz p4,aopen axper mb,512mb ram,sapphire radeon 9200,on-board sound and a wd1600jb hd.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#2 14 years ago

That sounds about right. Remember, the human eye can't detect the difference after about 35 fps. You shouldn't have a problem playing. Might be a little lower when playing with mods, especially Forgotten Hope.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

The 9200 is a low end vid card so that is about correct for standard settings, but there are a few things to tweak that should bring a more reliable framerate. Turn off Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering in your vid card settings. Turn off shadows ingame, that should give you lowests FPS more in the 50's than the 20's.

While it's true the human eye can't visually detect the difference above 35 FPS in a film environment (that's why cinemas run at 35FPS) there's a difference between vid games and movies chief being motion blur used in movies. Freeze a frame of a movie where action is happening and you will see a lot of blurring of moving objects, yet they appear very clear when watching the movie, do the same to a FPS game and there is no motion blur. The motion blur in the movie compensates for the low framerate, it requires a much higher framerate in a FPS game to simulate the same smooth motion effect of motion blurring and give a good gaming experience. So aim at mid 50's for a minimum, BF is fps locked at 100 so you can't go any higher without playing with your config files.

Have fun

AK

:smokin:

uncleargyle

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th June 2004

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

the game is deffinitly playable its just anoying when it drops below 20fps. I just downloaded aquamark3 and scored a 8,674 :( i guess i need a new vid card anything you guys would recomend? 9600xt,9800pro? or should i wait for pci express cards and get a whole new rig?

btw i tried to desable aa & af and i couldn't it said aplication specifec or something like that. thanks for the help guys

OuchThatHurts

GF makes me horny

50 XP

21st November 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

http://www.tweaktown.com Bottom right under "guides" , find " Bf 1942 tweak guide"

DDDandrew

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

381 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Well, I use the Radeon 9800 Pro, and I get about 70-85 FPS. My processor is a 3.2 GHZ Pentium 4. I guess maybe its just the high end cards. My RAM sux though lol...I wont even go there :) See ya on the battlefield!