Guest5

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Okay I don't really know all that much about computers (hey im 13 give me a break), my spec are: 2.8 Ghz Proccesor Intel Pentium 4, ATI 9600 Radeon XT (i think), 1Gig RAM, i dunno what the motherboard is but its well over bf1942 reqs. Okay, so I install Bf1942, and i start, and everything works fine. So I say "hey, that desert combat mod seems cool", I download it, then i remember i need the 1.6 patch. I dl the 1.6 patch, and install DC. "lets fire this baby up!" I double-clikc the icon, and I see the Battlefield 1942 ..."splash" screen and then...nothing happens...the splash screen dissapears, (as if its starting) and im just sitting there. So in conclusion, this started when i installed 1.6 and i also tried WITHOUT installing Dc and it still dont work. I tried that allowrefreshviedo 0 thingie but it iddnt solve my problem, I remember that my graph card has probs with other games like HL (doesen't support opengl). So please! help meeee! :'( *EDIT* i have the latest drivers for the graph card.

UNDIESRULES

Waffle-Sprocket is broke

11,795 XP

24th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,097 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Hi m8. Try uninstalling,disable anti-virus,remove spyware etc, then reinstalling. First install BF1942, then 1.6 Full Client Patch then DC. If still no joy try updating drivers for your soundcard as well as vid card. If its still the same try reverting to an earlier version of your vid card drivers. Check also that your operating system is updated as this can help too.

If no luck then please get back to us.

Guest5

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Uninstall - Reinstall = Done about 4-5 times. Check video drivers = done about 3 times = My video driver that came with the card is the newest. Sounds Card upgrade = :/...errr....i dunno about that one, i dont thikn its the sounds since its just the game thats not starting up can have to do with the sound. And what i did was just that. BF1042 -> Patch 1.6 -> DC 0.7 = thats why im here (also) :'( :'( I have Microsoft Windows XP Professional, and i have the "standard", ie not upgraded to any of thoes "Security Upgrades" or Internet Explorer 6.0 (er whatever)...does that help any??? :'( plz i REALLY wanna play DC 0.7...And since im not ENTIRELY sure WHAT driver iv'e got i dont dare search for some OLD one.

UNDIESRULES

Waffle-Sprocket is broke

11,795 XP

24th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,097 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

If you visit Windows update you can update no probs and if you dont have an entirely legal version of xp pro then just dont install service pack 1.

The sound in this game is a very simple problem to fix which can be a real bugbear to some people however your game isnt starting so i suspect its a driver issue. Some Radeon cards do have driver problems which most people have no problem fixing by either updating them or rolling back to previous ones.

I wish i had some better idea mate, try looking at http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=JXs1blch&p_lva=8337&p_li=&p_page=1&p_scf_faqs*c%24platform=182&p_prod_lvl1=384&p_prod_lvl2=%7Eany%7E&p_cat_lvl1=%7Eany%7E&p_cat_lvl2=%7Eany%7E&p_search_text=&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=3&p_sort_by=dflt

That may help too. Good luck.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
Guest5I remember that my graph card has probs with other games like HL (doesen't support opengl). So please! help meeee! :'( *EDIT* i have the latest drivers for the graph card.

Hmm, well the Radeon 9600 certainly supports OpenGL so there is some sort of problem there, but it can't be anything to do with that because BF1942 is DirectX, not OpenGL.

BTW, it should be;

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1 in the VideoDefaults.con file in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings

NOT "0" so if you have used "0" I suggest going back and trying again.

Also suggest checking DirectX version and sound driver for problems.

AK

:smokin:

Guest5

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

My sound card and vid card is having no probs, i also checked the DirectX, and it works fine. i tried thar "refreshvideo*" thing both "0" and "1"

Rikupsoni

Victim of Forgotten HopeForum bystander

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Can you tell what Catalyst is your vidcard driver? 4.6 is the newest.

stu2985

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th June 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Ok i just reinstalled bf1942 after several months away from it. I used magazine cd's to reinstall the 1.4 then 1.5 then 1.6 patch. Whenever i start multiplayer game once the map starts to load my pc reboots itself. The single player is fine. I have athlon 3000+, 1gb ram, ATI AIW 9800 SE 128 mb card with cat 4.6, win xp sp 1. Direct X 9 a, onboard ac97 5.1 sound. I have no mods installed for BF. Any ideas what it could be ?

MAJOR PITA

Team Player

50 XP

12th July 2003

0 Uploads

655 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
stu2985Ok i just reinstalled bf1942 after several months away from it. I used magazine cd's to reinstall the 1.4 then 1.5 then 1.6 patch. Whenever i start multiplayer game once the map starts to load my pc reboots itself. The single player is fine. I have athlon 3000+, 1gb ram, ATI AIW 9800 SE 128 mb card with cat 4.6, win xp sp 1. Direct X 9 a, onboard ac97 5.1 sound. I have no mods installed for BF. Any ideas what it could be ?

Are you using the "Incremental" updates? If you are, I would suggest uninstalling then reinstall using the "full" patch only. Alot of people ( including myself roll%20eyes%20%28sarcastic%29.gif ) have had problems with the incremental patches in the past. I realize it's a huge download, but the full patch is always the best way to go.

stu2985

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th June 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I uninstalled BF and d/l and used the 1 patch. Again it reboots my PC when the map starts to load. I have never had any probs with any other game (even BFV runs problem free).

Getting to the stage of saying bugger it