pilot56

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

14th April 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Sometimes When i start up Battlefield Vietnam at different times my computer will completely restart. Or which is the only problem ive had with Battlefield 1942 the computer will end the program emediatly and leave my at the desktop with Battlefield 1942 or vietnam task will be gone from the taskbar. Please i love these games i need some help :uhm: This all started after i added some new memory. I took my original memory out to show the people at the store what type i needed and i put it back in (im kinda new to working inside computers) and i thought that i was forcing the memory and and the computer was turned in with one stick half out.

Parakleet-TAKE LUCK

---intentionally left blank---

50 XP

8th September 2003

0 Uploads

379 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

You are not very clear. Did you put the Computer back to the way it was before you did anything to it? What memory do you have orginally? What did you get? Do you still have it?

Seems pretty clear I guess that Memory is the issue.

H0bbes

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

19th July 2004

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

yea do u mean memeory like RAM or memeory like Hard drive...when i had this prob tho with another game cough *bLack hawk down* cough i had to reinstall my OS but it may be different for u but most likly it had to do with ur ram mem or HD mem but im not sure plz tell us ur specs:drink::micro:

DDDandrew

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

381 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Reformat is what he means by reinstall OS. OS=Operating System though you probably knew that. My suggestion is that you do the following before reformatting however: 1. Defragment your drive. Sometimes things get so cluttered that programs cant hold their own while running. 2. Clean out the fan section. Your main computer component files are run by a set of key documents called DLL's. These DLL's emit information along the wires on the chip. If dust is in there from the fan, it can block that transmission, causing the computer to restart. 3. If that fails, just reformat. Good luck, and see ya on the battlefield!