I didn't make it!
Hello, So I just installed BF, and then patch 1.6. But everytime I try to run it I get "Please insert correct CD-ROM" so I put in the 2nd cd...same thing, so I put in the first disk...same thing...and so on. Solutions Anyone? -PHawk
I would die without GF
20th May 2002
1) double check to make sure you actually downloaded the correct patch, the 1.6 client patch, not the 1.6 server patch (yes I now, but it has been donebefore and it will save us a lot of mucking about if we check now rather than later and find out that is the problem)
2) If you have the correct 1.6 patch try installing the latest patch, 1.6 to 1.61b, and see if that helps.
3) If you have more than 1 CD drive try putting it in the other drive
4) If it's still not working clean the drive with a head cleaner
5) Check for firmware updates form your drive manuacturers website, some older firmware has problems with the securom copy protection used on the disks.
Try that and get back to us if it is still not working.