Lag, poor connection, modem sucks????? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Hey all, I'm playing BF1942 DC. I have wowway and a decent DSL connection. But I'm freaking frustrated. The enemy pops around the corner, will not even level their rifle at me and I hear the shot and drop dead. Seems like they are always a step ahead of me. What could be the deal here? Do I need a faster connection? I'm at 4368 kbps download/450 upload. 128mb video card. System has plenty of memory. Thoughts??? Allen

UGSAce

Webernet Law Enforcement

50 XP

26th July 2005

0 Uploads

1,993 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

maybe you just suck lol?? other then that cant really think of a hardware solution

Zerosystem

Causing insanity

50 XP

5th April 2005

0 Uploads

135 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

IF you connection is stable, and there isn't really any noticable in-game lag, I suggest some heavy singleplayer action with bots on increasingly harder AI settings, until you can comfortably deal with them.

Or, maybe the guys you play against online happen to be the calculating type, where they turn up the volume to hear footsteps. :)

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

What is your ping to the servers you are joining?

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

It's got nothing to do with skill but thanks for the help...NOT! I'm getting shot up before I even see the guys or hear the shots at times, and this is at point blank range. I'm shooting guys up, their guns drop as a result and next thing you know I'm dead. Sometimes they'll round the corner and don't even level their weapons at me and I'm freakin' dead (they must be better than me...yeah okay). NEXT.

Zerosystem

Causing insanity

50 XP

5th April 2005

0 Uploads

135 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

...I'd suggest trying a different server then.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago
apocalypse_kidWhat is your ping to the servers you are joining? AK :smokin:

It's usually in the 60 range. Sasklan