Loaded BF1942 Deluxe Edition but can not upgrade -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

to the 1.6 patch. When I download the patch it tells me I have version 1.04.501 I tried downloading the1.5 and still same problem. I went to the main BF1942 website but it does not have a 1.4 upgrade to 1.6. Also I wish to download punkbuster but the punkbuster website diverts me to the main BF website. I think punkbuster is contained within the 1.6 upgrade, but I can not upgrade. Is there another location I can upgrade from 1.04.501 to 1.6? TYIA

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

make sure you have the 1.6 upgrade, NOT the 1.6 to 1.61b incremental upgrade. If you have the 1.61b incremental upgrade it will not work and will give you the error message you are getting.

AK

:smokin:

SwiftGuard

LOL SILLY NAME IS SILLY

50 XP

3rd April 2005

0 Uploads

2,344 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Wut he said... :nod:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

Thanks guys!!!

Now, my new problem is the brightness of the game. My laptop works great and can see inside buildings. My desktop however, inside buildings its pitch black. I clicked on the vidio tab but there is nothing for brightness nor contrast settings. I adjusted my screen resolution and other than lag hits it works great.

Any way i can brighten my screen?

P.S. I have already adjusted my monitor brightness all the way up.

SciComHam

Now with more red

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

935 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Sound like a graphics card error. Try upgrading.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

fa62gatorThanks guys!!!

Now, my new problem is the brightness of the game. My laptop works great and can see inside buildings. My desktop however, inside buildings its pitch black. I clicked on the vidio tab but there is nothing for brightness nor contrast settings. I adjusted my screen resolution and other than lag hits it works great.

Any way i can brighten my screen?

P.S. I have already adjusted my monitor brightness all the way up.

Yes, try new drivers first. What vid card do you have?

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 13 years ago

[color=black]nVida 64MB GeForce4 MX 420 wTV OUT[/color] I installed it again just to make sure it was up to date.