Lost all servers -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

For some strange reason when I try go to get on the online games today I don't seem to be able to see any games/servers etc. I hit update and the thing just sits there. I was playing fine up until this morning when I installed FH 0.7 and that seemed ok, but it crashed on me and ever since then...no online games. I've totally reinstalled BF1942 and got rid of all the mods etc...still no games. Is something down or is this just me? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers, UA

I should add that yes I am running 1.61b and as mentioned everything was good up until I installed FH this morning, but I can't see how that would cause this, especially when I have now done a complete reinstall on BF1942.

deftond

Covert_Commando

50 XP

30th October 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Well this has happened to a lot of people in the past...I remember this happened to me a couple of years ago when I played 42 a lot. What you have to do is uninstall it and go into regedit and do a search for your eagames...1942 entries.....get those outof there because sometimes it contains the wrong path name. Do a little more searching through the archives and forums and you shall find your answer..this did happen to me and this is what fixed it.

I had installed the map pack 2 for bf2...and the game wouldnt even work for me, so I have to uninstall the whole thing, then reinstall it.....sucks.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

Thanks deftond, I'll do some more searching and give regedit a go. At this point I still have to re-install all of my mods anyway, so this shouldn't be too much additional bother. Cheers, UA

FlyGuy45

*TRA* Spsk. Pilotka VVS

50 XP

22nd June 2005

0 Uploads

6,414 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Use All Seeing Eye for better surfing.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

Yeah, thanks flyguy, I was actually just trying to install ASE and discovered what my problem was. Turns out my wife had installed Zone Alarm to try it out and was running it with the systray icons and pop-ups off. I couldn't install ASE as it said it could not connect, which got me thinking that something must be blocking my new programs so I went searching and found ZA was running. ZA is now toast and I am back in business. Thanks for the suggestions though guys, much appreciated & switching to ASE. UA