Jedimaster421

I LOVE playing jedi academy sp

50 XP

13th May 2006

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Greetings, I have set up a server for a lan party we are having in a few weeks. I do this all the time. We have played BF1942 ever since it came out at our lan parties. However, this time I have connected this server to my home network and put it on the DMZ of my firewall. When a few of my friends connect and play(Co-op DC-Final and FH 0.65) all is well. But when the map is over and the server changes maps, 3 of the 4 people connecting ALWAYS have to disconnect then re-connect. Their new map never starts to load after waiting several minutes. If the disconnect then re-connect it works fine. 2 of the 3 are on dial-up and the 3rd is on a cable connection just as I am (3MB down, 256K up). Why do they have to disconnect? I have even experienced it once, on my 100MB LAN. Is my server screwed up somehow? I have tried running the server with the standard dedicated server program AND with the BFServer program with the same results. Is this a coop only problem? We always play regular at the lan, this is the first coop server I have tried. Any help would be awesome! Thanks, Mike

cjwoolf2009

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

7th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

It's a problem with the mods - sometimes they will not switch for the "lower - end" computers. Such as mine, sometimes it will change FH maps, and sometimes it won't - I will have to disconnect then reconnect.

To see if this is the problem, try running regular Battlefield 1942, Conquest and see what the results are.