Missing Text -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Hello, I couldnt find a topic on this problem but I've installed BF42 and the current patches to bring it upto date. The problem arises when I startup BF that the text in the "tabs" have disappeared it also occures when I'm searching for a server to play on (doesnt show the server and the ping...) and when I'm in a game looking at the scoreboard it doesnt show any of the players or the scores. The text is also missing in many other places of BF but I've played the game long enough a long time ago that I still remember where many of the settings are. This is really confusing to me since this is the same system I played BF on a year ago without any problems. I have in the past completely formated my HDD taking out my old BF42 along with my OS, but like I said the hardware is all the same and the system setting should be identical to what I had before. The system im running from is Win2003, Athlon 1.33GHz, 768MB Ram, Ti4200 64M, and 20Gb HDD w/ 6Gb free. So if anyone has any ideas or methods I should try to get this working properly again I'd really appreciate it. :D Thanks Riqyn

Johnny Mullet

Hi-Tech Redneck

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

1,969 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Sounds like a bad install to me. Uninstall the game, delete the program file, defragment the hard drive, then reinstall the game, then 1.6, then 1.61 and let me know what happens. I had a similar problem and this worked for me. I feel that a defragment before installing a large game always helps!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

Alright it's still a no go. I uninstalled, took out the EA Games folder in Program Files along with other unnessesary data on my computer, defraged the C drive, installed with the retail CD, then installed the v1.6.19 patch, and finally the v1.6_to_v1.61b increment. I reinstalled DirectX 9.0c and configured it, also installed the latest Nvidia 77.72 driver for my TI4200. Im out of ideas for this problem, unless it's some stupid setting that needs to be changed in some .ini file.

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Just a few questions.

1. Have you tried using the older 6x series nVidia drivers?

2. Does it work without the patches?

3. Is Anti-Aliasing enabled?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

yep got it good now. Apparently it was the video driver v77 was too much for it so I went down to v61 and the picture is nice :D Now to figure out the next problem, why it suddenly quits/closes after 10-15 mins. Thanks for the help and suggestions.