Multiplayer freezes -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I finally updated an additional computer so my kids could play BF 1942 on the LAN. They now have 2 PC's that can run the game in SP mode with no problem. Either one of them can start up a local LAN game but the other one trying to join will freeze up hard when trying to join. I installed the game on my computer and can join the local game fine no matter which of the other 2 are hosting - but I am not letting the kids on my PC ;-) I also noted that the kids PC's are connecting because if I go to the MP Local screen it shows 2 players in the game. I thought maybe T&L prob, but both system play SP game and MP game (if hosting) just fine. I am at a loss. I have updated vid drivers on both. I have lowered video to lowest, turned off sound.. normal things. I am looking for some suggestions. PC specs are: PC 1 AMD XP1700 256MB Ram AC 97 audio ATI 7000 Radeon vid PC 2 AMD XP2200 512MB Ram AC 97 audio ATI 7000 Radeon vid (yes, both have same audio and video so probably something with this, just not sure what) Any help would be appreciated - the kids are driving me nuts wanting to play.

KilrBe3

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

5th May 2005

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

if i'am correct...isnt the the ATI 7000 old? Look here:http://battlefield2.filefront.com/info/BF2_GI_Requirements that is what ur kids PC need to be, and maybe urs..dunno.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

And that would make sense if the game did not work at all, but each of their PC's can play SP and can host MP just fine. They just can't join an MP session. My PC seems to play ok - Athlon 64 3000 1 GB Ram AC 97 audio GeForce2 MX400 vid

KilrBe3

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

5th May 2005

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Did u accept there firewall...so they can start a LAN and can join a LAN..and another. Can they join a MP server and play on it?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

Have not tried a server. Turned off the firewalls so no problem there. I want to keep them in though so I might try running a server session from my PC and let them join that way... if they can. I read about some folks using 3d analize but have not had any luck with it. I don't know, maybe it is the video - just seems odd they work ok in single payer and will host a multiplayer with no problems.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 13 years ago

Fixed the freeze problem. They both have SBC parental controls installed. I was logging in with my ID to give full access, but appearantly that was not enough. I had to disable completely.