Multiplayer games -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Whenever i try to join multiplayer games it says Kicked by Punkbuster (0 minutes) - Inadequate O/S Privileges What does that mean??? I looked at the punkbuster FAQ but when i went to administrative tools i dont have Local Security Policy

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

There are a few other reasons why punkbuster causes this problem, I suggest reading the FAQ a bit further.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-bf1942.php

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

I know and i scanned with webroot spy sweeper and it says i have no spyware. And the file they say to use is expired

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

The file they want you to dowload is easy to find, just input the filename name into google, its very common. I even uploaded it here once for somone, just do a search on the forums for that file, but ending in zip not exe.

Found this review on the net;

In our spyware effectiveness test, Webroot detected 85% of spyware and disabled 69% of it. While this was a good result, Spy Sweeper's effectiveness seems to have slipped behind other vendors in the past few months

Not saying it's no good, it seems to be effective in what it does, however you should never rely on just ONE anti-spyware tool, there's just to much garbage around these days. I use lavasoft Ad Aware, Spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster.

Oh yes while I am here, XP Home doesn't have a Local Security Policy Icon, Only XP Pro so you can't do that part of it. Yo may be able to get at it with the local Security Policy editor. Enter this GPEDIT.MSC into the run command under start menu.

Good luck

AK

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

well i use Ad Aware, Spy Sweeper, Norton Antivirus, and yahoo anti-spy, and none of them say i have the VX2 virus. I have admin rights cuz there are only 2 accounts on my computer, there is Sean(my account) and the guest account. I can only play in servers that dont use punkbuster and i've only found one that does but it keeps playing lame maps so please help. Thnx again. Click on the link below to see that if im admin

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Um, you read this bit right?

The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

You may not have but you may be affected by its removal. If you are you still need to correct the problems. Even though it shows you as an ADMIN in the user control panel it doesn't necessarily mean that your admin privilages are intact. The piece of software they are recommending to use can has a "restore policy" button that can be used restore all the user policies that may have been affected by the spyware's incorrect removal.

I can't click onthe link to see if you are a proper admin with all admin rights because it is only a picture of your user control panel with the label "admin" by your name, it's a simple procedure to go into the registry and edit the labels to say anything you want, you could be a "lame duck" just as easily. :D

Not being nasty here, just don't take everything at face value just because it has a label next to it is all I am saying.

AK

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 13 years ago

would making a new admin account help at all or no?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

NO!

AK