multiplayer is fine then kicks me off to desktop when spawning help!! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

ok got the game, loaded it, downloaded the updates, ect. Now, I log on to multiplayer games and it loads up just fine, brings up the map, and counts down. Then either as I'm supposed to be spawning in, or just after, it kicks me off. Not just out of that game, but completely exits the game to the desktop and closes it. I've gone through the faq's and done all the port forwarding, even enabled dmz hosting, ect. with no luck. Tried changing my video settings, and am running out of ideas I have a P4 3gz with 1024mb of dual ddr ram running win xp home, and an asus motherboard and a geforce fx5600 video card(256mb). I had no trouble with the bf multi player online demo, just this. any help would be more than appreciated dan

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 13 years ago

[COLOR=black]went through and did the port forwarding (from portforward.com) of course and did several other things at the same time.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]I changed them all back, except for the sound changes I made. When I went back in and did change them, the game did the same thing with it kicking me all the way out. Turns out I just had to switch the sound quality down from 44khz to 22khz and it fixed it. I don't have a sound card that I know of, so that must be the problem. It's strange it would screw up the whole game, and so maybe then I didn;t even need the port forwarding.[/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR] [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]while in the game I went to options/sound and changed the quality settings from 44khz down to 22khz and saved it, and it worked fine.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]hope it helps someone else[/COLOR]

-aFh- Gen.Fatcat

I just got nOObed

50 XP

20th September 2005

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Battlefield uses a lot of memory for sound, thats probly why.