FF|TinMan

The L33t 1

50 XP

23rd June 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Ok, here is the deal. I put up a test server for BF42 on my computer. Set aside the problem I am going to tell you about below, everything is pretty much working fine. Now, I'm sure everyone here is aware of how BF eats up CPU. I set up ONE server for BF, therefore, I should see ONE bf1942_win32ded.exe on my task manager correct? For some reason, over time, more start poping up when I only set up one. When I first start it, it is fine, a bit later, maybe after a restart, another, and another start poping up. At one time, I have a total of 5 going for ONE server! I had to restart the server in order to get rid of them because I couldn't end it via task manager. Is this normal? Is this why people say it eats up CPU? It makes no sense to me by having it have more then one for a server. If someone can please tell me how to fix this, that would be great! Thanks much!!! Justin

DethRok

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd July 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Check my reply on the stuttering thread. Looks like a virus is disgusing itself as bf1942.exe. and then using this cover to scan other computers on the net. Check it out, these viruses change their name to whatever exe they see running.....even disguising itself as a BullGuard exe!

FF|TinMan

The L33t 1

50 XP

23rd June 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

The thing that is weird is that this isn't happening to any other programs, or games for that matter, that I am running. I'll look into the virus thing though.

FF|TinMan

The L33t 1

50 XP

23rd June 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Well I think it is safe to say that it isn't a virus. I tried on 2 other computers but this still happens. I have also tried installing the dedicated server package from a different site. Has anyone come across this problem before?

cjwoolf2009

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

7th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Well you could try using a different server manager. Such as BBO Server manager. www.blackbagops.com Download Battlefield 1942 Server Manager.