Combinerz

"Searching for the unknown"

50 XP

1st June 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hey, i have this error quite a while but now it has come to mind to register myself on this great forum. It's like this ; I start up bf, everything runs normal and smooth, i play for about 20 mins (time differs all the time when error occurs) then suddenly my screen freezes and i realize that my whole pc is dead, cannot go to desktop, not hearing any voices in teamspeak,... just the freezed bf screen... so if anyone can help me with this strange error plz reply :) :D my pc specs ; 3.0 ghz p4 1024mb ram 120gb HD Nvidia geforce 6800 GT 256mb and offcourse windows xp home <- :cya: :bawl:

Combinerz

50 XP

1st June 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

ow yeah, i play hl2 and all other high quality games very smooth on highest graphics, its only with the battlefield series that my pc crashes, even bfV cry.gif :deal:

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

wow not sure what the issue is here. Still, just make sure u r patched right up 2 1.61 and if that dont solve it try uninstallin and reinstallin.

Combinerz

50 XP

1st June 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

yeh m8 , i tried everything possbile reinstalling format pc uninstall all games ...

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Hi mate, that's annoying. I notice that you have 1Gb of memory, presumably two 512Mb sticks. I have seen a lot of similar problems with memory errors that only BF brings up because it is an extreme memory hog. Try running with only 1 stick of memory and see if it cures your problem.

AK

:smokin:

Ko&#1071;sakoff

Captain

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

6,585 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

apocalypse_kidHi mate, that's annoying. I notice that you have 1Gb of memory, presumably two 512Mb sticks. I have seen a lot of similar problems with memory errors that only BF brings up because it is an extreme memory hog. Try running with only 1 stick of memory and see if it cures your problem.

AK

I have 512 + 256 ddr in my pc, and bf runs smooth (only dc will crash from time to time). I do know bout the soundcard problem, but thats just lag right?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago
Kođ»sakoffI have 512 + 256 ddr in my pc, and bf runs smooth (only dc will crash from time to time). I do know bout the soundcard problem, but thats just lag right?

The problem is usually caused by slightly incompatible memory sticks used in Dual Channel Motherboards, since you are using different sized mem sticks you either don't have a dual channel mem motherboard or your mobo is not running in dual channel mode. In Dual Channel the mem sticks must have very similar eletrical properties and a slight difference can mean that the mem will work fine in general, but causes problems with very memory intensive programs (like BF). It's only a suggestion but its well worth a try to see if it fixes the problem.

My computer NEVER crashes with BF or DC (except occaisionally I forget and leave a program running and it pops up a warning box in the middle of my game, but that's not BF's fault, that's mine :) )

If properly set up and using the best drivers (not always the latest either, I still use the 56.72 drivers from Nvidia because they were the last most stable set for my vid card and I don't need the extra functionality for the latest series of vid cards) you should have very few problems with games. Don't always assume that the latest set of drivers are the best, only use them if they fix problems that you are having.

AK

Combinerz

50 XP

1st June 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

well m8 thnx for the advice, but first i only had 1 stick of 512, and i had same prob, so i thought maybe i have too less memory, so i bought another 512 stick... im worried :'(

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago
Combinerzwell m8 thnx for the advice, but first i only had 1 stick of 512, and i had same prob, so i thought maybe i have too less memory, so i bought another 512 stick... im worried :'(

So maybe the first stick is dodgy if it iwas playing up before you got the second and is still playing up now, or event he memory slot itself. 512Mb is enough to play ok so just pull out the old mem and use the new one in a different slot by itself for a while and see what happens.

AK

Combinerz

50 XP

1st June 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

yeh ok m8 i'll try :) i wanna play bf...