No Servers detected??? Been tring to get this to work for 2 days..... -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 14 years ago

:mad: i am soooooooooooo frustrated. please someone help me. i will try to be as detailed as possible. ok (*deep breathe*) here we go: I bought BF1942 a few days ago. i popped in the cd and installed everything and all that good stuff. when i went to play it said i need to get the "right version", so i headed on down to eagames and downloaded the new patch for people with a new retail game. i installed the patch, opened up BF1942 and when i came to where it listed the servers, nothing showed up. it showed 0/0 servers 0 people on-line. i know it wasn't my internet connection, because that was fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled about 7 times (no joke). so i tryed using gamespy arcade, and the servers come up, but it wont let me connect to any, it just says, "failure to connect". I am looking for a solution to this problem. If you could tell me what to do, i will be so greatful. please, im dying to play. :uhm:

Een_Gekke_Nederlande

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th October 2004

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

dude when you start bf1942 go to multiplayer and click on update maybe this will help

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 14 years ago

I did, it still does the same thing :( BTW its not my comp, its a brand new comp, which more overseeds the requirements.

UNDIESRULES

Waffle-Sprocket is broke

11,795 XP

24th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,097 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Hi mate, i know you have patched the game but make sure its the full 1.6 client patch found here http://battlefield1942.filefront.com/file/Battlefield_1942_Full_Client_Patch;23189

Also try using ASE available from here http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

Its pretty good.

Good luck.

Parakleet-TAKE LUCK

---intentionally left blank---

50 XP

8th September 2003

0 Uploads

379 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Sounds like your firewall to me. Try the program all seeing eye if that doesnt work and your connection is fine then it is probably a firewall.

What is your connection, please dont say dial up? What is your firewall situation, hardware,software? You have sp2, and if so are you running microsoft firewall?