No sound in Desert Combat -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 16 years ago

When loading a map in BF1942/Desert Combat, the music plays and then when it goes to the main map I loose all audio. I've updated my SB Audigy Gamer drivers, DirectX, & tried lowering the sound quality in game but nothing seems to work. I've tried different patches and versions of the game as well. I've turned down or off all hardware acceleration as well. I don't have this problem with BF Viet Nam..... Any ideas??? peterf

Big_Daddy

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I think there's an option to turn down the ingame sound in menu options. Do you lose all sound completely or just no music? Also, did it just start doing this or has it done it all along. The latest version is 1.61.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 16 years ago

I turned down the sound quality and frequency in game, saved the options and then restarted the game. I get music as the map loads then no sound at all. Like I said, this doesn't happen in BF1942 or BF1942 Viet Nam. It didn't used to do it at all.

Big_Daddy

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

698 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

So the sound works in vanilla 1942 but just not Desert Combat then? Perhaps you have a corrupt sound file.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 16 years ago

I dunno. I've updated all my sound card & video drivers. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling BF1942 & DC and re-patched them both with no luck. I don't get it.........

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

What version BF and what version DC and are you also using BC:Final?

AK

:smokin: