The_Game

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th May 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Today, I bought my copy of WWII Anthology. It contains BF1942, RTR, and SWOWW2. So, I was prancing around with joy, until I started downloading MODs. Downloading them wasn't a problem, it was installing them. It kept giving me this "corrupt installation" message, and it says to reinstall the file (it was one of those red X messages). After clicking the dreadful "OK", I was back to my beautiful desktop, which means my installation was a complete failure. Of all the problems in my whole computer experience, I haven't seen one that is as annoying as this. ALL (READ) MODs say the exact same meaning, just in different wordings. Grand Prix, Siege, everything. BTW: I highly doubt I need to give you my computer features. It has nothing to do with my performance. BTW 2: I got 1.6 patch. Attempts to fix: -Reinstalling BF1942 -Downloading the MODs one more time -Putting the MOD file in every single folder of the BF1942

TiTa

Game Server Director

50 XP

10th May 2004

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

What operating system are you using? That could be the problem too.

Seeya!

TiTa

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
The_Game -Putting the MOD file in every single folder of the BF1942

Mods can only go in one place or they don't work, it has to be the "mods" folder, like this "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\DesertCombat". Your problem seems to be an installation problem, I would suggest checking for spyware, mallware, trojans, virus's etc since some of these can cause problems with installing software.

AK

:smokin: